WALK ALONG THE TRACKS – ALDEN GRANGE TO BLACKHILL
All ages and levels of fitness/ability are welcome take part. Open to Durham Freemasons and their families.
Our aim is to have wonderful family day out whilst raising funds for the MCF, just like last years’ successful Coastal Path walk. Friends, family and dogs are very welcome to accompany our participants along the clearly marked route. Our marshals will indicate direction and provide refreshments at several points along the way.
This 12-mile linear walk is fairly flat. There are several steep slopes where bridges once stood but only those which are particularly steep have been marked on the map. Path surfaces vary and small sections of the path suffer from erosion and may have ruts and large stones in them. The path width is a minimum of 1.2 metres. There are a number of seats along the route.
Please visit https://www.thisisdurham.com/things-to-do/lanchester-valley-railway-path-walking-and-cycling-route-p666841 a printable map and further route information.
Sunday 26th April 2020
7:30am Meet at Aldin Grange Fishing Lakes Bearpark Durham DH7 7AR. Ample free car parking is available.
7:45am Briefing from the Festival team
8:00am Start Walking along the Lanchester Valley Railway Path towards Consett
11:30 – 14:00 Arrive at Blackhill Masonic Hall for refreshments.
Lifts back to Aldin Grange car park will be provided by our marshals
Terms and Conditions (Read Carefully before Applying)
- I would like to sign up to be a participant in the above event.
- I understand that entry is on a first come first served basis.
- The cost of the event is £15. This is payable via this link.
- This Event is subsidised by The Provincial Grand Lodge of Durham/Durham 2021 on behalf of the MCF. All sponsorship raised must therefore be for the Durham 2021 Festival in aid of the MCF. By signing up to this event I am committing to raise money in sponsorship for the Durham 2021 Festival/MCF
- I understand and agree that I participate in this event entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards and that I must walk in a manner which is safe to myself and others. I am aware that when walking on a public highway the function of marshals is only to indicate direction and that I must decide whether it is safe.
- I agree that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the Organisers and/or The Provincial Grand Lodge of Durham in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event however caused.
- I have no objection to photographic/video imagery being taken and used for promotional purposes.
- I hereby consent to the processing of my personal data for the purposes of this Event. Personal Data will only be used for the purposes of this Event and shared with the Event Organisers & Participants.
- I hereby agree to delete all participant personal data after the event is complete.
To buy tickets for this Event – Click Here